Christmas cookies recipes
Christmas cookies recipes
225g / 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
220g / 1 cup white sugar, preferably in powdered or superfine form
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
450g / 3 cups all-purpose/standard flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
Sugar Cookie Glaze (for the icing)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
2. Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl until creamy.
3. Add the egg and vanilla, and beat until fully combined.
4. Add the flour, baking powder and salt.
5. Start mixing slowly and beat until the flour is incorporated - it will be lumpy.
6. Dust the work surface with flour and remove the dough from the bowl. Join the dough and cut it in half, then shape it into 2 discs.
7. Roll out with a rolling pin to 0.3 cm (for thinner, crispier biscuits) or 0.6 cm (for thicker, softer biscuits), sprinkling flour under and on top of the dough to prevent it from sticking.
8. Use biscuit cutters to press out the shapes and use a knife or spatula to transfer the shapes to the prepared baking trays. (Store any dough that doesn't fit in the oven in the fridge).
9. Bake for 10 minutes until the surface is pale golden brown and the edges are just beginning to brown slightly.
10. Let the biscuits cool completely on the trays (they will finish baking on the trays).
WHIPPED BUTTER BISCUITS
3 cups butter, softened
1-1/2 cups icing sugar, sifted
4-1/2 cups flour
1-1/2 cups cornstarch
1. In a large bowl, cream the butter together with the confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
2. Gradually add the flour and cornstarch, beating until well blended.
3. With your hands lightly dusted with more cornstarch, form 1-inch balls of dough.
4. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
5. Press lightly with a floured fork. Top with perals or cherry halves.
6. Bake at 150° until bottoms are lightly browned, 20 to 22 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pans and placing on wire racks.
BLUEBERRY AND WHITE CHOCOLATE BISCUITS
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1/3 cup cranberry juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups dried cranberries
2 cups vanilla or white sprinkles
For the glaze:
2 cups vanilla or white shavings.
2 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
1. In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
2. Add the eggs, cranberry juice and vanilla.
3. In another bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
4. Stir in the cranberries and vanilla pieces.
5. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 5 cm apart onto greased baking trays.
6. Bake at 180° until the edges begin to brown, 10-12 minutes.
7. Let cool for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
8. For the glaze, microwave the vanilla chips and butter until melted; stir until smooth. Drizzle over the biscuits.
In Same Category
Related by Tags
No comment at this time!